CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 24 October 2012

National Cardmaking Day 2012 swap

For a few years I was a member of a forum belonging to the website of a craft retailer. Unfortunately the website has now closed and so our lovely forum was lost :-(
Fortunately, most of the forum users were friends on Facebook and all managed to keep in touch while one of the group set us up with our own forum!

So now we have new forum www.kraftkrazy.proboards.com and we are all back together!

We are planning our first ever meet-up at the NEC in a couple of weeks and I'm really looking forward to it!

Anyway, this card was made for a swap we did for National Cardmaking Day at the beginning of October. I had seen a card in a magazine a while ago, which was on an A6 card and used very bright, vivid colours in this same style, but I have recently been using these square cards a lot and wanted to use more Autumnal colours as we are well and truly into Autumn now!!! A couple of flowers in the same shades all layered up and a sentiment printed on the computer, cut with a Nestie and layered on black to match the rest of the card, in matching colours finished it off nicely!

4 comments:

sandy's crafty bits said...

ooo super card ... love those rich autumnal colours they go really well with your colour choice for your blog ... hope you have a great meet up ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... bit late but better late that never ... had a bit of a catastrophe with my dear Mum so been a bit busy ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Stunning! Happy Leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

ChrisAndCat said...

Fab design, it looks like sun rays. A great way of using up all those pieces of paper I cant bear to throw away, too.

Unknown said...

Hi Laura, I'm just trying to do a bit of catching up - I haven't been able to sit at the computer for very long since the accident and I've missed so much in blogland :(
I love this card! All those scraps of paper used up - it would take me forever to get that right!
I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone this weekend!!! I can't believe we're nearly there already!

Sheena
xxx

Post a Comment