CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 9 July 2012

Mr Maths teacher

Another teacher's thank you card (and there are still a few more to come!)...

This time we're back to a male teacher again, from a little girl, blue school uniform and a request for a maths theme if possible as that's what he has really helped the little girl with! Well, where to start with that one?!?

I started with the colouring, using Azure and Grey Green (it seemed to match better to the tones in the papers than the actual greys did!) Promarkers as I know that's as close to the school uniform as I will get! Then looked through my stash for suitable papers and found a few possible options!

Using a sketch from my ideas book which I used the other day (but felt it had too masculine a feel and had to embellish with flowers for a lady's card!) I set to work!

The backing paper is a Frances Mayer paper, called No. 2 Pencils.
The navy with white squares on is from Making Memories and is called Plaid just Chillin' Boy - a double-sided sheet and I have altered it to suit the theme by adding some addition sums with a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen.
The small squared piece is an off-cut from a recent SU class I attended.
Everything has been matted into blue textured card stock from my 12x12 stash, and the embellishments are from a Craft Planet pack I found reduced in a local craft shop last week (brilliant timing!!)

I am really pleased with how this one has turned out too!

2 comments:

Sue said...

this fabulous. I love the image and the papers and layout are perfect

Sue

Vic said...

lovely card... I am teaching assistant ans would love to get a card like this! x

Post a Comment